We are partnering again with the Samara’s Aid Appeal to ensure clothing, bedding and other essentials are shipped to those most in need in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon.
- ALL SEASON CLOTHES – adult, child & baby
- COATS & SNOWEAR, new and used – adult, child & baby
- NEW UNDERWEAR ONLY (no used), with tags or in packaging
- SHOES (polished) in immaculate condition
- BOOTS & WELLY BOOTS, clean, adult/child
- Blankets, sleeping bags, sheets & towels in immaculate condition
- Duvets only if like new with no marks or stains
- Wheelchairs, zimmer frames and crutches (paired)
- Moses baskets and baby bedding
- Disposable nappies, sanitary towels & incontinence pads
- Soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes (unopened)
- Care packs for mothers & babies www.samarasaidappeal.org/care-packs
PLEASE WASH clothes and blankets, and clean and polish shoes before donating. Everything must be in excellent condition: working zips, buttons intact, stain free, no holes.
26.8 million people in Iraq and Syria are in need of humanitarian help
Please contribute £5 per shopping bag or £10 per bin liner towards the costs of transporting your donations to the Middle East. It costs around £6,500 to send each lorry to Iraq. You can donate through www.samarasaidappeal.org/giving or text SHIP00 £5 or SHIP00 £10 to 70070.
Last winter, babies, children and vulnerable adults died in camps in the Middle East because there wasn’t enough aid to keep them warm. 30,000 people are injured every month in the conflict in Syria while 2/3rds of hospitals have closed or are functioning at a reduced capacity. We are also funding hospitals in Syria www.samarasaidappeal.org
People continue to flee violence and fighting. Many fled their homes with just the clothes they were wearing and are now living in tents, in unfinished and abandoned buildings. Around half are children.